LOW SPERM COUNT, NIL SPERM COUNT (AZOOSPERMIA) LEADING CAUSES OF MALE INFERTILITY
- 1 LOW SPERM COUNT, NIL SPERM COUNT (AZOOSPERMIA) LEADING CAUSES OF MALE INFERTILITY
Low Count Sperm Treatment is treatable. Male Infertility is one of the most common and yet a taboo health issue that affects Men irrespective of caste, religion or social status.
It usually does not result in physical morbidity, pain, limitation of activity or longevity. However, its impact on the psychological and social wellbeing of not only the index patient but also his partner makes it a major concern for Health professionals.
However, fertility problems can affect Men and Women and often it is a combination of both. In about 40%to 50% of cases of infertility Male factor is involved. In 20% of cases it is the sole reason
Male infertility refers to a male’s inability to cause pregnancy in a fertile female
Low or Nil sperm count can lead to infertility in Males. However, some of other reasons for Male infertility also include low sperm mobility, bad quality of sperm, infection etc. The problem with low sperm count is that it reduces the chances that one of your sperms will fertilize the egg. The low sperm count treatment is possible by Andrologists.
Low sperm count is a condition called Oligospermia. This is the term used to describe the condition when the sperm count is low, less than 15 million sperm/ml. The most current World Health Organization guidelines define low sperm count as having less than 15 million sperm in a millilitre of semen (15 million/ml). If there are no sperm at all in the semen sample, the condition is termed Azoospermia. Low Sperm Count Treatment.
There are no immediate clues to male infertility.
In a lot of countries men do not like to admit that they havethe problem and that the majority of men would blame woman. We have seen a gradual change in this mindset but still we have a long way to go.
Although the techniques for treating Male infertility have been available for decades only recently the number of people that can relate to it by personal experience in one way or another has grown and is continuing to grow.
Diagnosis for Low Sperm Count Treatment–
Semen Analysis, Clinical Examination is the first line of evaluation for Low Sperm Count Treatment.
You may be advised additional tests depending on the initial evaluation and your semen parameters.
USG and Colour Doppler Scrotum is generally the first line of investigation performed. It helps confirm varicocele and also basic evaluation of testis and epididymis.
You may be advised hormonal test in case if there are some additional symptoms related to hormonal imbalance. Hormonal tests are also done for very low sperm count treatment and azoospermia.
Semen culture will be required when an infection is suspected.
Additional Tests done Transrectal USG in suspicion of ejaculatory duct obstruction, USG Whole abdomen for patients with absent vas. Genetic tests for patients with Non Obstructive Azoospermia.
LOW SPERM COUNT TREATMENT PROCEDURE:
Depending upon the clinical examination, investigations you will be placed in the following categories
- Low sperm count, motility, quality etc with unknown cause – You will be advised certain life style changes such as quit smoking, exercise, destress, ingeneral lead a healthy life style.
A variety of supplements are available that may be prescribed to improve the sperm production. Ususally they contain antioxidants, Coenzyme Q, minerals, Levocarnitine, and Vitamins as active ingredients
Depending on the fertility status of the female partner you may be advised fertility assisting procedures – ART
- Low sperm count, motility, quality etc with treatable contributing causes
Infection treated by antibiotics.
Varicocele is dilatation of testicular veins which raise the local temperature and affecting sperm production. Varicocele is best treated by Microsurgical Varicocele ligation.
- Zero sperm count – Obstructive Azoospermia in this cases the sperm production is normal but there is block in the passage. These condition can be treated with reasonable success rates using Microsurgical reconstructive proedures.
VVA- Microsurgical Vasovasostomy
- Transurethral resection of the ejaculatory ducts is an endoscopic procedure to treat ejaculatory duct obstruction.
- Zero Sperm Count Nonobstructive – In these patients the spermproduction is defective. In these cases following procedures are used to retrieve sperm. The sprem is then used for ART procedures ICSI.
- TESE: Testicular sperm extraction.This involves opening up the scrotum and taking a large volume of testicular tissue, perhaps from several regions of the testicle. Sperm are then retrieved using a microscope to identify individual sperm.
- Micro TESE (Microdissection Testicular sperm extraction).A similar technique as TESE but a microdissecting microscope is used to pinpoint the tissue to be removed. This aims to cause less damage to the structure inside the testicle, and to therefore have fewer after effects such as blood supply problems caused by tiny blood vessels being cut. It also appears to increase the number of sperm that can be retrieved.
There is hope for each and every infertile male so that they can have their own genetic child!!!!
For Treatment you may reach out to :
Dr. Vishal Dutt Gour
Conatact No. : +91-9999446622, 011-41041131
Conatact No. : +91-9999446622, 011-41041131