BEST MALE INFERTILITY TREATMENT
- 1 BEST MALE INFERTILITY TREATMENT
- 2 How common is male infertility?
- 3 Is Male Infertility Treatment Successful?
- 4 What are the causes of male infertility?
- 5 Habits leading to Male Iinfertility
- 6 Which Doctor to Consult for Male Infertility Treatment ?
- 7 Where Can I Get a Male Infertility Treatment Test Done ?
- 8 Male Infertility Treatment options
- 9 PROCEDURE OF MALE INFERTILITY TREATMENT
- 10 Dr. Vishal Dutt Gour Contact No. : +91-9999446622, 011-41041131 Email-id:- firstname.lastname@example.org
Male Infertility Treatment due to modern lifestyle is a very common health issue in men today. It is a very common and a widespread problem in which a male is unable to make a fertile female pregnant. A man’s fertility generally relies on the quantity and quality of his sperm. A male is not able to father a child which might be due to low sperm count, immobile sperms, or any blockages which prevents the movement of sperms.Infertile Men can also be azoospermic which means there is an absence of sperm in the semen. In most cases, there are no obvious signs of infertility. Intercourse, erections and ejaculation will usually happen without difficulty. The quantity and appearance of the ejaculated semen generally appears normal to the naked eye.
How common is male infertility?
Fertility affects men as much as affects women . Infertility is a widespread problem .In about 20% of infertile couples, Male infertility is the sole cause of the inability to conceive and overall male factor is responsible in 40-50% of cases as sole or contributing factor.
Is Male Infertility Treatment Successful?
Yes, infertility can be cured in males. But it cannot be cured in all male infertile patients. There may be some problem which can be cured and there may be some cases; where the fertility potential can be increased and they would need help of an assisted reproductive technology to be able to conceive a child. The most common is IUI (Intrauterine Insemination) treatment and IVF( Invitro Fertilization)/ICSI (Intracytoplasmic sperm injection) treatment.
What are the causes of male infertility?
Through medical testing, the Andrologist may be able to find the cause of the problem and further suggest the male infertility treatment. Few causes are listed below:
- Varicocele (varicose veins of the testes)
- Hormonal problems
- Prostate-related problems
- Sperm production problems due to Chromosomal or genetic causes, Undescended testes (failure of the testes to descend at birth)
- Infections leading to Blockage of sperm transport
- Sexual problems
(erection and ejaculation problems)
- Congenital lack of LH/FSH (pituitary problem from birth
- Spinal cord injury
- Injury or infection in the epididymis
Habits leading to Male Iinfertility
1. Certain injections for body building ( anabolic steroids/male hormones ) : these injections taken for increasing muscle mass can lead to suppression of hormones inside the body and decrease sperm counts
2. Stress : stress can interfere with certain hormones needed to produce sperm.
3. Smoking : smoking has direct relation with decrease sperm count. It also affect the quality of sperms.
4. Excessive alcohol : drinking alcohol can lower testosterone levels causes erectile dysfunction and decrease sperm counts.
Ceratin factors that may contribute to infertility are:
- Excessive hot water bath/ long duration steam and sauna :
Elevated temperatures impair sperm production and function.
- Consumption of food exposed with industrial chemicals / excess pesticides.
Which Doctor to Consult for Male Infertility Treatment ?
Andrologist are the best doctors to consult for male infertility treatment. A Urologist who is specialized in the treatment of male fertility are best trained to give you proper advice.
Where Can I Get a Male Infertility Treatment Test Done ?
A series of tests is required for a male with infertility.The basic fertility test in a man is semen analysis and a routine examination by the Andrologist with ruling out of Varicocele.Further tests that may be needed include:
- USG and Colour Doppler Scrotum
- Hormonal tests
- Karyotyping and Y chromosome study
- Semen culture which will be advised by the andrologist on case to case basis as required.
It is advisable to refrain from sexual activities for 5 days before giving the semen sample.
If you have fever, any illness or any kind of medication, you need to discuss with your andrologist because that can temporarily affect your semen report.
Male Infertility Treatment options
Treatment options available for male infertility include:
Counselling: We at SCI Hospital counsel about the time of intercourse with regards to the female partner’s cycle to increase the chances of conceiving. We encourage the patient to stop smoking, reduce alcohol consumption, to avoid stress. We recommend to have a sound sleep and to take healthy diet.
Some researchers have shown that the quality of the sperm and low sperm counts are directly connected to improper eating habits. Men should add fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables in their diet so as to avoid this problem.
Medical Treatment: Depending upon the cause variety of medical treatments are available that can help treat male infertility.
Supplements: Andrologist advises you to start taking some supplements & stop smoking (if you do) which will help to improve the sperm quality.
Kindly note that these supplements are generally combination of Carnitine, Lycopene, Selenium, Zinc, Coenzymes and Vitamins.
Antibiotics: to treat semen and prostatic infection.
Hormonal treatments: for patients with hormonal imbalances.
Surgical sperm collection :Various procedures like PESA, TESE, Micro TESE are available to retrieve sperm from testes in patients with azoospermia.
Ejacualatory duct resection is done for the patients with ejaculatory duct obstruction.
Microsurgical Reconstructive procedure such as Microsurgical Vasoepididymostomy is done for the problems involving obstruction in the path of sperm from testes to ejaculation.
Microsurgical Varicocelectomy: One of the most common treatable cause with good results in improving semen quantity and quality.
PROCEDURE OF MALE INFERTILITY TREATMENT
Involves tackling the dilated veins under microscope and at the same time preserving other vital structures such as testicular artery, Lymph vessels , Vas deferens reducing complication and improving success rates and results.
Dr. Vishal Dutt Gour
Contact No. : +91-9999446622, 011-41041131