BEST LITHOTRIPSY TREATMENT CENTRE IN DELHI
- 1 BEST LITHOTRIPSY TREATMENT CENTRE IN DELHI
- 2 What is Lithotripsy Treatment
- 3 How does Lithotripsy Treatment work
- 4 What does the Lithotripsy Treatment involve?
- 5 Precautions to be taken before Lithotripsy Treatment
- 6 Benefits of Lithotripsy Treatment
- 7 Can Lithotripsy Treat all types of Kidney Stone
- 8 Side Effects in Lithotripsy Treatment
- 9 Does anaesthesia required for the treatment?
- 10 Lithotripsy Cost in Delhi
- 11 OTHER THAN LITHOTRIPSY TREAMENT
- 12 Precautions of Lithotripsy
- 13 For Lithotripsy Treatment you may reach out to :
What is Lithotripsy Treatment
Lithotripsy Treatment is classified as the use of shock waves to breakup or disintegrate stones. Lithotripsy Treatment is non- invasive modality of treatment for stone in which shock waves are delivered from outside and focussed on to stone leading to fragmentation. Lithotripsy requires local anaesthesia with sedation.
What is Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy Treatment
Extracorporeal shock wave therapy (lithotripsy or ESWL) has been used for non-surgical fragmentation of stone. Extracorporeal shock wave therapy (ESWL) is shock wave therapy for fragmentation of stone. Shocks waves are delivered on the stone. Patients are usually treated as out patients; in some cases more than one session may be necessary
How does Lithotripsy Treatment work
Lithotripsy work on the basis of electromagnetic / electrohydraulic shock wave generation are focussed on the stone leading to fragmentation. About 1-3 thousand shockwaves are needed to crush the stones. The complete treatment takes about 45 min-60 min. Sometimes, the doctor inserts a tube via bladder and threads it up to the kidney just prior to ESWL. These tubes (called stents) are used when the stone is large to prevent the ureter getting blocked with fragments.
What does the Lithotripsy Treatment involve?
Lithotripsy Treatment is done under local anaesthesia with sedation. Patient is laid on the clinical bed and the applicator is applied on the side of stone. Shock waves are delivered depending on size, consistency of stone (1000-3000 each sitting). Repeat sitting is given if residual stone is present.
Precautions to be taken before Lithotripsy Treatment
Let the doctor know about any prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, or supplements you take.
If the treatment is taken with general anesthesia, your doctor may advice you not to drink or eat anything for at least six to eight hours before the procedure.
If you’re having ESWL under general anesthesia, you should not drive back home after the procedure.
Benefits of Lithotripsy Treatment
It is non-invasive, painless, done by local anaesthesia, generally treated in day care. Mostly hospitalisation is not required.
Can Lithotripsy Treat all types of Kidney Stone
Not all. Patients’ stones that are very soft or very hard and are difficult to treat with ESWL.
Side Effects in Lithotripsy Treatment
After Lithotripsy you may have blood in your urine and possibly abdominal pain or aching for several days. In some cases, patient can face high blood pressure problem after surgery.
Does anaesthesia required for the treatment?
Yes, local anaesthesia with sedation.
Lithotripsy Cost in Delhi
INR 35k-40k/per sitting
OTHER THAN LITHOTRIPSY TREAMENT
There are basically following treatment choices, depending upon the type of stone.
- RIRS-Retrograde intra renal surgery where a thin flexible endoscope is passed up the ureter into the kidney to fragment stone.
- Ultra mini-PCNL/ mini-PCNL -In this procedure a small puncture made in the back which is dilated and endoscope passed up to the stone to fragment and remove it.
How can kidney stones be prevented
Kidney stones can be prevented by drinking plenty of fluids, taking proper diet counselling and by maintaining good metabolism.
Precautions of Lithotripsy
- Patient has bleeding disorder
- Blockage in internal urine pipe
- Large stones, very hard not preferably.
For Lithotripsy Treatment you may reach out to :
M-4, Greater Kailash, Part – 1,
Near M – Block Market, New Delhi – 110048, India
Contact No: +91 9999446622
Website : www.scihospital.com
E-mail : email@example.com