Enlarged prostate Treatment Delhi NCR
The prostate is a gland that produces the fluid which carries sperm during ejaculation. The prostate gland surrounds the urethra, the tube through which urine passes out of the body. An enlarged prostate means the gland has grown bigger. Prostate enlargement is common in older men. An enlarged prostate is often called benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). It is not cancer, and it does not raise your risk for prostate cancer.
The actual cause of prostate enlargement is unknown. Factors linked to ageing and changes in the cells of the testicles may have a role in the growth of the gland, as well as testosterone levels. Men who have had their testicles removed at a young age (for example, as a result of testicular cancer) do not develop BPH.
Also, if the testicles are removed after a man develops BPH, the prostate begins to shrink in size.
Some facts about Enlarged prostate Treatment Delhi NCR
- The likelihood of developing enlarged prostate increases with age.
- BPH is so common that it has been said all Men will have an enlarged prostate if they live long enough.
- A small amount of prostate enlargement is present in many Men over age 40. More than 90% of men over age 80 have the condition.
- No risk factors have been identified, other than having normally functioning testicles.
- For most men, these nightly bathroom runs may be the first sign of an enlarged prostate. Other symptoms may include trouble starting a stream of urine, leaking, or dribbling. And, like grey hair, an enlarged prostate is a natural by-product of getting older, doctors say. Trouble is, the nightly bathroom runs become more frequent -- eventually edging their way into the daytime routine.