The General and Laparoscopic Surgery Department at SCI International Hospital is equipped with the latest technology and infrastructure, supported by an experienced team of surgeons. The department specialises in performing all major surgeries a and cancer surgeries.
- We have modular OT’s capable of handling all major and minor surgeries with state of the art surgical instruments and well trained OT staff and technicians
- Teams of experienced Consultants, Senior/Junior residents and nursing staff provide round the clock care to all patients.
- Fully equipped post operative recovery care unit – HDU.
Minimally invasive Laparoscopic surgeries
Laparoscopy is a commonly performed minimally invasive (keyhole) procedure to investigate and treat various conditions affecting abdominal and pelvic organs.
It involves direct visualization of the abdominal cavity, by using a laparoscope, which is a camera with a light source at its tip. Fibreoptic fibres carry images from a lens, also at the tip of the instrument, to a video monitor, which the surgeon and other theatre staff can view in real time. It is done using a thin-light tube in the belly through small incisions in contrast to the laparotomy surgery that involves larger incisions in the belly.
Advantages of Minimal Access(Laparoscopic) Surgery:
- Minimal Blood Loss
- Faster recovery with shorter hospital stay
- Minimal tissue damage, hence less pain
- Minimal post-operative infections
- Minimal scarring
Some common and advanced procedures performed at SCI hospital
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy (for Gallbladder Stones)
- Inguinal Hernioplasty
- Umbilical Hernioplasty
- Ventral Hernioplasty
- Stapled HEMORRHOIDECTOMY (for Haemorrhoids)
- Lap Appendectomy
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy
- Laparoscopic Splenectomy.
- Lap Gastrectomy
- Lap Fundo-plication
- Lap Heller’s Cardiomyotomy
- Lap Colectomy
- All Cancer Surgeries