KIDNEY STONES: OVERVIEW
Kidney stones are hard deposits of salts and minerals that can develop a small portion of the kidney, known as the renal pelvis. The stones that enter a ureter are referred to as ureteral stones.
Most stones are so tiny that they can pass out of your system within a few days or weeks without requiring any treatment. It is advised to drink lots of water and simply wait for the stones to pass through.
But larger stones get stuck in the renal pelvis and require surgical or other possible treatment, depending on their size and position.
KIDNEY STONES: SCI Speciality in Kidney Treatment
SCI Healthcare is one of the leading treatment centres for treating kidney stones in Delhi. We work with a team of highly experienced urologists and urology surgeons, who work together with specialists in radiology, nephrology and nutrition to make sure the patient gets the best possible treatment.
Our expert medical professionals from different areas work closely as a team for diagnosing and treating kidney stone disease.
Our team is highly skilled in numerous specialities and hence, assures comprehensive care and successful recovery to patients.
Departmentsdeal with kidney & Ureteral stone treatment.
KIDNEY STONES: SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS
Usually, a kidney stone may not have any signs and symptoms unless it moves within the kidney or passes into the ureter – a tube linking the kidney and urinary bladder. At that point, you’ll experience the following signs and symptoms:
- Pain on urination
- Extreme pain in the back and sides, below the ribs
- Pain comes in waves with fluctuating intensity
- Pain radiating to the groin or lower abdomen
- Red, pink or brown urine
- Foul-smelling or cloudy urine
- Vomiting and nausea
- Frequent urination than usual
- A constant need to urinate
- Urinating in small amounts
- Chills and fever, in case of an infection
KIDNEY STONES: CAUSES
Kidney stones develop when certain substances present in the urine turn into crystals. These substances are often called calcium stones; however, uric acid and other minerals can also lead to stones too.
Around 80% of people suffer from calcium kidney stones, 5-10% of people suffer from uric acid stones and 10% of stones are made from the mineral struvite.
Typically, these substances dissolve in the urine. However, some medical conditions also lead to an increase in the concentration of these substances, resulting in the formation of crystals.
Even some foods like rhubarb include higher levels of oxalic acid that increase uric acid concentration in urine.
KIDNEY STONES: Get Treatment by the Experts
SCI Healthcare offers the best kidney stone treatment under the guidance of experienced urologists.
Usually, for small stones, it’s recommended to drink eight or more glasses of water per day to increase urine flow.
But for larger stones, other treatment options include:
KIDNEY STONES: Medication
For pain relief, some narcotic medications and antibiotics are needed, which include:
- Ibuprofen (Advil) for pain
- Naproxen sodium (Aleve) for pain
- Tylenol (acetaminophen) for pain
- Allopurinol (Zyloprim) prescribed for uric acid stones
- Sodium citrate or sodium bicarbonate for making the urine less acidic
- Thiazide diuretics to avoid the formation of calcium stones
- Phosphorus solutions to avoid the formation of calcium stones
KIDNEY STONES: Advanced Technologies
SCI Hospital is renowned for renal expertise and advanced technology for effectively diagnosing and treating all types of kidney stones through laser technology.
Lithotripsy: In this procedure, experts use shock waves-induction for breaking up large stones so that they can move out through ureter into the urinary bladder.
Tunnel surgery (called Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy): In this surgical treatment, the surgeon does a small incision in the back to remove stones.
Micro PCNL, Mini PERC., Ultra Mini Perc.
KIDNEY STONES: Ureteroscopy
If a stone stuck in bladder or ureter, experts use an instrument called ureteroscope to snag and remove the stone
Our experienced medical professionals are known to treat thousands of patient all over the world. All thanks to the latest technology and equipment, we have successfully treated many patients with some less invasive techniques. Our specialists also have extensive experience in removing large kidney stones through the latest Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy surgery.
Proven Treatments by the BestDoctor for KidneyStone in Delhi
SCI Healthcare works with specialised doctors who treat thousands of patients successfully every year. We pride ourselves on our national and international program particularly dedicated to treating kidney stones.
With our comprehensive care and multidisciplinary kidney stone treatment program, we have cured thousands of patients suffering from various types of renal stones – from simple to complicated cases. All thanks to the latest technology (including Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy, Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL), and Ureteroscopy with laser fragmentation, we have been successful in treating and preventing stone formation.
Our experts in urology also use many advanced tools regularly during Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy or while performing other kidney stone treatments. Our urologists keep working to improve and refine their treatment procedures, such as Ureteroscopic stone removal treatment, for better facilities.
KIDNEY STONES: Why Us
- SCI Hospital works with the best speciality surgeon with a higher success rate and rich experience in their speciality.
- We are proud to have DR GautamBnaga&Dr. Vishal DuttGour as a Senior Urologist with more than a decade of experience.
- Our premises are equipped with the most advanced infrastructure and the latest surgical equipment.
- We believe in providing the best medical facility and comprehensive patient care to ensure that the journey of our patients at our healthcare centre is joyful.
- We offer 24/7, 365 days of medical care facilities to patients without compromising the quality of treatment.
KIDNEY STONES: Doctor Profiles
MBBS, MS, M.Ch (Urology)
Reconstructive Urologist &Andrologist
MBBS, MS, M.Ch (Urology)
Urologist and Andrologist
Dr Rahul Popli
MBBS,MD, DNB, MNAMS
MBBS, MD (Medicine) Medical Director
MBBS MRCGP (INT) DMS